In order to improve self, you should make it a point to do concrete efforts to assess your strengths and point out your weaknesses. This way, you will have a better idea of the different aspects of your personality. Remember that in the process of improving your self, you have to factor in aspects that are beyond the physical – you should put into consideration other “dimensions” of your self that are equally important: intellectual, psychological, emotional, and spiritual.
Many people have already triumphed in their mission to improve self. These are the people who have found the method that works perfectly for them. In this article, it is not promised to give any foolproof methodologies. The tips are kept as general as possible so that you can devise your own application. Best of luck in your efforts to improve self!
- Identify your long term goals. It is very difficult to go around any specific area without a well defined road map. It is also impossible to get anywhere if you do not know exactly where to go. The same is true with our lives. In order to successfully improve your self, you should make it a point to keep your long term goals clear. These will identify your general purpose and give justification to each of your aspirations.
- Be open to other people’s criticisms. Listening is one of the best keys to improve self. Remember that other people are actually in the best position to assess you as a person. However, it is important to note that it is equally valuable to know who among these people are well meaning. This way, you can have a well defined course of action to achieve self improvement.
- Constantly reward yourself for the small victories by fulfilling the promises you made for your self.
Never underestimate the power of self motivation in your quest to improve self. Sometimes, it is okay to treat your self for a movie or an expensive dinner every once in a while. But you should have a well defined set of criteria so that you can still monitor your performance in the arena of self-improvement. This way, you always have something to look forward to.
- Realign your values and maintain your track by following a role model. Your role model can be a historical figure, your mother or father, or your personal hero – he or she will play a very important role in your quest to improve self. In general, it is advisable to follow the track or path taken by successful who came before us. But remember to keep your sense of identity. You should also recognize the fact that every quest towards self improvement is a unique one.
- Be an inspiration to other people. This is one of the best means of giving back or paying forward. But do you know that this is also an additional motivation for you to never stop growing and improving? Being aware that other people regard you highly, you should maintain efforts to be the best that you can be.
It may be impossible to be a perfect person, but it is possible to constantly prove yourself worthy of every chance that life hands down to you.